My comment about negative posts and rants has really stuck with me. So I thought, in honor of the impending shiny new year, why not publicly purge my peeves? (That sounds like something that should be done in private, doesn’t it?) So here it goes in no particular order:
- When people speak over me when I’m speaking (especially when they have just asked for an answer or my opinion)
- People who bathe in fragrance knowing they will be in close quarters – such as seated close together at a hockey game. No, no matter HOW expensive the “fragrance” it does NOT mean a) it smells good nor b) it will cover up your funk
- People who have that gnarly B.O. that we call funk – YUCK
- Bad breath and mouth breathers – especially in confined places. If you drink a lot of coffee or have a cold, chew gum or keep your mouth shut when you’re in close proximity to others.
- Drivers that jump in front of you to slam on the brakes – especially when there’s no one behind you
- What my friend refers to as “smacking” when eating – you know, the people who swish liquid like mouthwash and chew with their mouths open
- When people let doors slam shut on you when it’s obvious you have your hands full
- Drivers that don’t let pedestrians have their (rightful) right of way in the pouring rain
- Pedestrians that cross against the signal in front of cars
- People in the locker room at the gym that run around with nothing (and I mean literally NOTHING) on – and then feel it necessary to inspect their toes – without taking a seat. GAH I do not need to see your business!
- Know it-all’s – particularly when they know NOTHING about the topic
- Intolerance. Granted, I don’t agree with many things people do, but I don’t shove my beliefs and opinions down their throats. (Remember, you’re reading this of your own free will – I’m not forcing you! LOL)
- Taggers. Especially when it’s on private property. The homeowner is fined if THEY don’t take care of cleaning it up, yet the cities let it stay for weeks, if not months.
- Political ad campaigns.
- Drug advertisements. If the drug companies weren’t allowed to advertise (think of the restrictions on tobacco & alcohol) and they took even a small portion of that budget and put it towards research for things like cancer and Alzheimer’s, just think what kind of progress could be made.
- Socks that end up around your toes in boots.
- Boots that don’t stay up.
- People that fart in public. Is it really necessary to inflict that kind of nasal pain on unsuspecting passers-by?
- Dog owners that do not clean up their dog’s shit on my lawn.
- Adult acne. Isn’t it enough we had to deal with that shit as awkward teenagers?
- Store workers that ignore you. I was shopping for roller blades today (more on this later) and in two different stores, I was completely ignored! Just because I’m an over-weight chick doesn’t mean I can’t learn to Rollerblade. And when I do finally get some help, don’t “ma’am” me.
By all means, this list is not conclusive.
What are your peeves?