After a mere three months of writing dabbling with this blog, I have been bestowed an award! Yep – ‘lil ole me. (I can’t believe it either!)
Thank you Izziedarling from The Whatever Factor! (Hear the trumpets and applause in the background?)
The rules of the award are to share seven fun facts about you, and select 15 fellow bloggers to receive the award. I hope I do these answers justice!
- I was born blond and blue eyed. I didn’t know that until last weekend. I wore blue contacts in school and it made my eyes emerald. Obviously fake, but dumb high school boys didn’t know that.
- I was a Mariner. (Most people know Sea Scouts. Mariners are the girl version.) Some brave soul took 10 teenage girls under their wing and trained us how to run a boat. We “sailed” (wasn’t a sailboat) from the SF Bay, under the Golden Gate, through Susuin Bay and up to Sacramento on a 15 foot boat. (I never once got sick – oh the joys of being a teenager.) Now I throw up from motion sickness. Rough plane rides, being on a boat – even a cruise ship, riding passenger in a car on a semi-winding road, and anything that goes in circles gets me. So – You! – don’t make me dizzy!
- My grandfather has stuff in the Smithsonian. When I took my first trip without family in 6th grade to Washington DC, we stopped to look at his stuff. Somehow, I doubt I will ever get anything in the Smithsonian. Oh well.
- I have been to no less than 10 Bluegrass Festivals. I hated every single one of them, except on Sunday morning when they would sing gospel. At that point, I had no religious influence. I just thought it all sounded pretty. I blame these festivals for my present-day hatred of steel guitar, but love of country music. Go figure.
- My best friend in high school and I took her dad’s yellow Pantera out one day while we cut school. We got caught with it in the driveway. She was on the hood and another friend was backing it in. We got away with it because she said we chickened out at the end of the driveway. Her dad was a Juvenile Hall officer. Little did he know – we were pretty much hellions, but nothing that bad ever happened.
- I would never survive off the land in Hawaii, or any place tropical. I hate pineapple, fresh mango, coconut, poi, kiwi, and just about any other tropical or non-mainstream fruit you can think of. Yes, I know poi is not a fruit. It’s still gnarly.
- I have snuck into the drive-in’s in the trunk of a 67 Cadillac. My boyfriend jumped the fence, and my best friend was in the trunk with me. That left her boyfriend to drive in. He looked kinda creepy, so I’m sure that’s why he didn’t get questioned. Those were the days!
- And in case #3 doesn’t count since it’s really not about me, I’ll do one more. We used to pile as many people into the Caddy as we could and go driving. One night, I ended up laying across the laps of our friends in the back seat, with the one closest to the rear passenger door screaming (through San Francisco) “A nickel for your pickle!” You didn’t have to be in SF in the 60’s to have some strange fun!
Now, to pass the torch. Please forgive me if you’ve already received this! In the random order that is my life:
- Living Dilbert
- In pursuit of Marth Points
- A Peine For Your Thoughts
- Plane Janer’s Journey
- Seth Godin
- Yes I Am Bitching
- The Bloggess
- Eat, Drink & Be Merry
- Eat to Live, Live to Run
- Healthy San Diego Living
- Fix It or Deal
- Live life. Addicted.
- Queen of Quirky