It’s been a long while since my last check-in. What’s been going on?
- Haven’t touched my sewing machine. FAIL! I have, however moved it from the middle of the kitchen table to my nice guest room. (No, I do not expect guests to sew for me.)
- I have been cooking more! Well, considering my diet, I kinda have to or I would starve! I have lost 11 pounds in less than two weeks. When I think about that, it’s kind of embarrassing because it just goes to show how terrible all the processed crap & fast food really are for you!
- Less daytime TV – Check! More movement: FAIL.
- Little chores: PROGRESS… Thanks to Flylady, I’m getting some basic stuff done (making the bed, keeping the kitchen sink shiny, etc.)
- Remembering my reuseable grocery bags: I’m ROCKIN’ this one!! At Trader Joe’s, they give you a raffle ticket for a gift card drawing, and at Whole Foods, they give you a nickel off per bag. Little rewards are nice!
- Clearing clutter: a little progress.
- Gardening: my front planter box remains weed free and my container veggies remain alive. Yahoo!
- Purchasing less: unless it pertains to something edible, or something to improve our house, I’m killing it!
- Doing stuff that’s FUN: Check! I’ve seen one of my very favorite performers (twice) and have been taking walks with my borrowed doggies. Also, it’s been fun working with hubby on the house – kind of a bonding experience. We’re actually becoming quite a team when he’s more patient with whatever’s not going right, and as long as I don’t take his comments personally (they’re always directed at whatever isn’t working or himself anyway).
What are you doing/have you done to simplify your life? Are you struggling with any of the things I am? How are you decluttering your life?